How do i join?
Medipex and Yorkshire & Humber AHSN welcomes additional Innovation Champions from existing member organisations, and would actively support any new NHS organisation in the region becoming involved. If you are unsure whether or not your employer is a member, please get in touch for advice. Joining the Innovation Champion Network is free to all NHS Organisations in the Yorkshire and Humber region.
To join the Innovation Champion Network, please start off by downloading the registration form and sending it back to us completed (details on the form).
To become a full member you will need to attend both of the compulsory workshops – ‘Why innovate and what is innovation’, and ‘Protect your idea – Intellectual Property’. Please see the events section for the next one (and if not listed yet keep an eye out for the next one!)
Thanks and welcome to the network!
1.Click "join now", to sign up.Please ensure that you have completed the Registration Form and sent it back to us
2.Approval processA member of ICN will check and approve your details. You can join the network with the registration form, but you will need to attend both compulsory courses to gain full membership. This is because it is vital new ideas and potential intellectual property is not disclosed inappropriately
3.Granted accessYou will then be given access to your account on ICN website.
Benefits of the scheme include:
- Increased potential for identification of valuable ideas containing IP that can be developed by the Trust which may result in revenue generation, benefit to patients and/or cost savings
- Increased awareness of the importance and benefits of protecting/developing innovative new ideas created by staff
- Promotion of a culture of innovation
- The ability to share best practice and network with peers from across the UK; raising awareness and promoting the adoption and diffusion of proven technologies
- Provides trained members of staff to be a recognised point of contact for the initial discussion of innovative ideas and rapid access to further support & expertise from Medipex.
I want to make a difference. Develop new innovations as well as bringing in other innovationsInnovation Champion, CCG
I want to learn how to be a more innovative organisation and hear what's going onInnovation Champion, NHS Trust
I would like to express my gratitude to Medipex for the sterling work your staff have done in clarifying the IP issues when several organisations are involved the same research programme and suggesting a sensible way forward.
NHS Trust R&D Director from a Foundation Hospital